Prevention of school bullying
School harassment or bullying is an exposure that suffers a teenager to physical and/or psycological abuse caused intentionally and repeatedly by another person. Bullying has important consequences that affect health and wellbeing of teenagers:
- Problems with memory, difficulty to concentrate and decrease of school performance.
- Depression, anxiety, irritability, lack of appetite, head pain, unease, fatigue, etc.
- Difficulties to fall asleep, nightmares or insomnia.
- Social isolation, apathy and e introversion.
- Missing school repeatedly.
- Escape and avoid behaviour.
- Uncontrolled crying, extreme emotional answers.
- Such symptoms as tremors, palpitations, restlessness, nervousness, pessimism, etc.
- Ideas and attempts to suicide.
It is fundamental to prevent school bullying. The theatre forum play “That’s enough..!” of Teatracció is an efficient preventive tool to raise awareness among the teenagers about the issue of school bullying insisting in particular on such values as empathy and respect.